// yukihiro1412 // On-Thursday, March 22, 2012



One of my other hobbies is cosplaying.  I really only cosplay to conventions and on Halloween though.  You can actually check out my cosplay.com profile for all my past costumes. (http://www.cosplay.com/member/159504/)

I guess I started cosplaying back during Halloween of 2004.  Naruto's popularity was in its infancy and I really liked Sasuke at the time.  So guess what my first cosplay was?  Sasuke, of course.  With the help of my mom, I made my first (fairly crappy, but still recognizable) cosplay.  There's a picture of it on my cosplay.com profile.

I've done several costumes since then for various cons like Anime Expo, Fanime, PMX, Anime LA, and MikomoCon.

Right now I've been working on my Junpei cosplay.  It's not for an specific con, but since I decided to cut my hair shorter, I wanted to finish the cosplay before I cut it.  Junpei has longish brown hair.  I didn't have to make much for this cosplay, only the puffy vest that he wears.

Here's a list of the components:

1. 999 watch - purchased at Anime Expo '11 for $25 with the game at the Aksys booth!
2. navy blue capri pants - I'm just going to fold up the navy blue pants that I have from previous cosplays
3. grey hooded vest - purchased at H&M
4. red/black check shirt - this took me a while to find, but I found the perfect one from Sheikh for ~$25 on sale. It's actually pretty nice, so I'll probably wear it normally too.
5. blue puffy vest - I bought some fabric from JoAnns, which was a little dark so I bleach the fabric a little.  The color is pretty close now.
6. purple/pink/grey sneakers - Not sure about this one... I might just see what shoes my brother or I have that's sort of close.


Just need to make the vest now..
So, I forgot to take pictures of me actually making the vest, but I do have the final pictures.

I went to the Queen Mary to do a mini photoshoot with my girlfriend.  The Queen Mary has to be one of the best places to do a 999 photoshoot since 999 took place on a ship similar to the Titanic.  The Queen Mary is somewhat different though.  It is larger than the Titanic and it was converted into a naval ship later on.  

Turning the wheel!
 So, this isn't quite the captain's quarters, but we found this prop wheel somewhere deep within the ship.

Pushing buttons...

Not quite a DEAD.
If you've played 999, you know the characters have to place their hands on the DEAD/RED.  This isn't one of those, but it fit my hand nicely..

I'll try to post some of my future cosplays in the future.  Next time I'll try to remember to take pictures of the process instead of just before and after.  I'm not sure if I'll really make it into a DIY, but probably more like this is what I used and stuff.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Culture japan